Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Look What I Did!!!
This was a figure it out as I went project! I had seen ,at other places, where folks had used cattle or horse panels to make green houses.I don't need a whole green house ,well I would like one but that is a project for another day! One panel is just right for a hot house!
I could not find anything suitable to make stakes to hold the edges after it was bent so I wired the edges together with thick wire.
It was very wobbly so I wired the back of it to the fence.That helped some.Then I decided to...borrow...hmm...yes....borrow these shelves from Hubby's shop.I will give them back when I am done! Besides,I needed something to set my little seedlings on after all! I wired the bent cattle panels to the shelves and that made it very stable!
I did use tape to seal together the plastic! I used the same tape on my hillbilly ingenuity well house and it is still stuck strong so I figured it would work for this! This is just a temporary structure anyways, just here until spring planting.
The Boy said,"Wow Mom,that actually doesn't look like crap!"
I really took that as more of an insult than a compliment! I admit I have few handy man skills! Actually I can find a way to fix most things,it just doesn't look real pretty most..OK fine..all of of the time! I used PVC pipe for the door frame and the door. The door is hinged on a long piece of metal rod and held closed with a plant pot!
Just while I was putting in my seedlings I could feel a big temperance difference! This only took a couple of hours.If I had know what I was doing when I started out it probably would have taken even less time!
So here's to,hopefully,getting a jump on spring and beating the summer heat!