Friday, March 8, 2013

New Additions

Today, The Boy and I hopped in the truck with this mornings Doodle milk (that is milk from Dolly Doodle the goat in case your new here) and headed out for a little trip. Actually, the Boy thinks it is hilarious to call Doodle's milk "Doodle Squeezin's"...well..I think it is pretty funny too so that is what we call her milk all the time. Anyways, we are off on our little adventure, with our canning jars full of Doodle Squeezin's, to a lovely place called Kai Ranch Mohair, where we got our other new girls Maggie-O and Quigley, to pick up three new bottle babies! Yes, that's right, I said three bottle babies! I know, I know..where do I have the spare time to bottle feed?  As fast as these two suck down a bottle, it is really not going to take up much extra time to feed them! Here are the twins, a boy and a girl. They are 3 weeks old.


The girl has on the sweater. After a pit stop to feed them their .. squeezins, she was a little chilled and I just happened to take along some coats just for that reason. The temps are crazy this time of year, could be 80* ..could be 50*, and you can't trust the weatherman to get it right either.

The next one is Little Moses, and he is just 5 days old! He is very tiny and just the sweetest thing!

Always looking for a bite these bottle babies! He already has milk face from just having a bottle.
These are Angora goats. I wanted to show you a picture of May Belle my Pygora baby that is 5 weeks old, since I am showing off my fluffy babies!
May Belle is not as big as the twins, but she is very soft and fluffy.
Right now there is no knowing what type of hair she will have, Pygoras can have one of 3 different types. One thing is for sure, she will have a good time with her new woolly brothers and sister!

26 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, my! you've got your hands full for a while!

Tombstone Livestock said...

Adorable, I am up to my knees in baby angoras with more due.

the wild magnolia said...

they are so sweet and make me smile!

Every one needs to smile!

brokenteepee said...

They have such wise looking little faces.
Congrats on the new additions. I guess we will see you again in about two months?
heh

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Oh......he-he-he..........

Oh, they are just BEGGIN' to be snuzzled! Look at those faces!
I'm dyin' here!

Still waiting on Miss Darla to pop.
Maybe today!

Have fun with your your wee darlings!
I do love a bottle baby! ;)

*hugs*
Mimi
The Goat Borrower

rusty duck said...

They are soooo sweet.

Tina said...

So cute!

Suzan said...

The babies are beautiful!! How often will you shave them??

Tina said...

So cute!

Marigold said...

Oh, my. Hope you got your spinning fingers on. You'll soon be replacing that bottle time with spinning time. :) The Goatmother says if we ever get anymore members around here, it will be a Pygora. They are just too cute.

Mary Ann said...

Oh my goodness, they are gorgeous!

DFW said...

Cute, cute & cute.

Millie said...

They are adorable! It makes me want my grandkids here! (I'd also like some 50* weather.)

Saun said...

They are adorable you have your hands full

Willow said...

Oh my goodness and I thought my puppies were the cutest ...those goatsie babies are just adorable, are pygoras more laid back than pure pygmy goats?

Melodie said...

Suzan, they get shaved twice a year.

Willow, Pygoras are like any other goats in my experience. They have their own individuality personalities,some are laid back and some are high strung. I will say in my little herd I have more laid back ones that high strung ones, so maybe in general they are a little more mellow!

Leslie said...

Oh, squeal...super cute!!! I love those ears.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

They are darling!!

Suzan said...

You're hands are full - but they are so adorable!! Just had to make another comment after looking at their pictures again!! I know they up quickly!! So adorable at this size!!

Texan said...

You know I have major woolie baby envy going on girly!!! I can't wait to see them in person when I come down!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at all those sweet adorable faces....Congrats! <3

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Oh my gosh, they are beyond cute! I am obsessed with baby animals in sweaters. Totally gushing over your new additions :)

Carla said...

They're so cute. I'd like to play and visit with them but don't want the responsibility of caring for those little curly fluffs.
Can I come visit and play. ;o)

Linda said...

They are absolutely adorable!

Saun said...

Hi Melodie, I was wondering if you made the wool dryer balls? I was wanting to buy some. Hope all is well. Happy. Easter

Saun

Melodie said...

Saun,
Sorry, I haven't made dryer balls.Happy Easter to you too!