Sunday, July 22, 2012

I went and spent a few fun filled "girl" days with my friend Texan. We shopped and had a good time! We have decided that we are going to make some of our own clothes so we hit every shop in town that had material and patterns,lol! We are both sort of new to sewing clothes,we have both done it but not enough to feel confident so it was really fun to be able to look at stuff together and  have another woman's opinion!  We came back to my house and had our second class on chemical free bee keeping. I think there are a couple of gals who will have their own bees come next spring! She also made Jack a toy because her new big ole furry baby, Keeper, has one and loves it. Well,sure enough Jack loved his too!

That is the face of a happy pup if I have ever seen one!
He is still slinging that around this morning!
This is a great toy!
Jack sends a big Woof of thanks to his Auntie Texan!

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Jack seems to really be having fun!

TexWisGirl said...

too cute! auntie texan did great!

brokenteepee said...

Such fun! I need a girlfriend...

Suzan said...

Looks like Jack is being kept busy and Texan could make some money by selling her dog toys!

the wild magnolia said...

How wonderful you two great ladies are able to get together! I love that for you both.

I am excited about your sewing, and the bee keeping.

Jack's new toy is wonderful!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like fun - I can't wait to hear all about your bees.

Marigold said...

I just love his big ole' furry feet! :)

LindaG said...

Don't you just love how the simplest toys bring the greatest pleasure?
With our cats, just give them the box please.
Have a blessed week!

Jill said...

I think that's a great toy and he obviously does too! :)

Texan said...

Yep girly we had some serious fun girl time! I am glad Jack liked his toy :O). He is the BEST thing, soooo sweet :O).

Anonymous said...

It's so nice that you two are close enough to have frequent get togethers! That does look like the perfect doggie toy.

Anonymous said...

Fun times RULE....lol! What a cutie!

Melodie, here's another bee article for you:

http://www.herbcompanion.com/body-care/body-and-soul-get-gorgeous-skin-with-honey.aspx?newsletter=1&utm_content=7.24.12+HBC+eNews&utm_campaign=2012+ENEWS&utm_source=iPost&utm_medium=email

Suzanne said...

I could just squeeze that sweet puppy!

Leslie said...

I hope the sewing goes well. Will you keep us updated on your projects? And that Jack is so cute and that toy is so colorful. Almost makes me want one. :)

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Weeeee!
Pure Doggie Joy!!!!!!!
xo

We are anxious to see postings of the new garb! I love to sew! I'm horrible at following a pattern bit I LOVE to sew! :)