Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Adventure Time


I am planning a little adventure with my friend Texan in a day or two so I will be gone from blog land for a little while. Of course, I will sneak in and check my comments every so often because that is an addiction! Come on, you all know you are the same way! Pop-paw is coming to stay with The Boy and hold down the fort ...err..farm! The Boy is a big strapping young man and capable of running the farm himself but having Pop-paw here gives me peace of mind, I am very glad to have him!.. The only worry I have is Dolly Doodle.

See, I raised Dolly from a day old baby,I am her only momma and she has a few quirks.


I had to throw in some baby pictures,I couldn't help it! Wasn't she a cute baby!!!

Dolly is used to me "tucking her in" at night! When The Boy puts the goaties up at night they all run to their stalls for their supper. Not Doodle. She runs to the gate and cries for her Maaa to come and walk her to her bed, which of course,I do....every night. She also has to have me tell her good morning or  she hollers all day looking for me. This may not sound like a big deal except the last time I went away and was not hear to tuck Ms.Dooldle in  she had a goatie melt down. She was already worked up from not having her good morning time with her Maaa! By night time she refused to go in her stall and ran around like a crazy goat hollering and carrying on! It took The Boy quiet awhile to get her to bed! When he was done Pap-paw  jokingly ask did she have rabies because she was so nutty!
So I am open for suggestions...I though about something with my scent maybe a shirt that I wore but I don't know..she likes to "see" me...Any ideas?

19 comments:

Sharon said...

I suppose there is no taking her along, eh? Maybe have the boy wear one of your dirty shirts or whatever you usually are wearing in the morning and have him talk in the same tone of voice. I hope Y'all can pull it off okay!

Have fun!

the wild magnolia said...

Oh my, this is so sweet and shows a bonded connection, I have no idea what to do. Maybe leave something with your scent for her to sniff and a recording of your voice. Just a few ideas.

DD looks as spunky as Molly Gael.

You and the Texan have all sorts of fun. Be safe.

Kelly Cook said...

I love baby goat pictures! I have no idea what to tell you for help though...

TexWisGirl said...

good luck to your son and pa!

brokenteepee said...

A giant face mask that The Boy can wear!

Chris said...

Maybe the Boy can start and put Dolly to bed a few nights a week to wean her off her Maaaaa!

Hope you and Tex have a great trip!

Jill said...

Oh she is a sweet one. Your bond is so wonderful! I think you're on the right track with leaving a piece or two of your clothing behind. I hope it works.

Have a wonderful time away! Can't wait to hear all about your adventure.

John Going Gently said...

adorable and a credit to you
x

LindaG said...

I suggest having The Boy help you tuck her in and greet her in the morning, if possible, before you go. Hopefully that will help some.
Good luck and have fun!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Poor goatie, hope you find a good solution!

I want to go on your adventure with The Texan!!

Texan said...

ROFL I am thinking the idea of the boy :O) wearing a sweatshirt jacket you have or such to get her up is a good idea.. I am quite sure she won't mistake him for you but the scent might help some LOL...

Girly I am packed and ready to go! Honeyman has his instructions on animal care for here. Well um we will see how that goes LOL.

Furry Bottoms said...

How about a 8x10 picture of you to hang in her "bedroom"? sop she can SEE you. And put out a blanket with your scent on it for her. The Boy is going to have his hands full, LOL

lapdogknits said...

So cute....lucky you to go on an adventure.

Love the goat stories and pictures, since there are no goats in my town I'm clueless for an answer.

have a great time - I hope you'll share stories and pics of the adventure!!!

Doc said...

Guess you don't get to go anyplace or Dolly gets to ride shotgun, I bet she would just love to travel ;o)

Michaele said...

She will just have to go too. That's all there is to it.

Leslie said...

Oh,who knew goats could be like that. It is sweet and quirky! My dog is similar..barks and is restless. Do they make anti anxiety pills for goats? I noticed some at the feed store for dogs and cats and made a mental note of that. My vet told me I could give the dog Benedryl but I've never done that. The older he gets the worse he is so I might resort to it eventually. I was thinking you need a cardboard cut out of yourself and a tape recording. Maybe you could call in every morning and evening! haha

JeffJustJeff said...

Hope you have a fun adventure, Melodie!

Teresa said...

Chirs's idea of having him start helping with here is a good one. Also, be sure you explain to her you are going and when you'll be back. Call at bedtime and let the boy hold the phone to her so she can hear you. Good luck to they boy and Dolly!

Lin said...

Sounds like you should have weaned her before you go. Maybe have your son accompany you a few nights and then slowly have him tuck her in by himself.

Criminy, out animal friends are so darn spoiled, aren't they??! I'm guilty of it too, so no grief from me.

Hope you have a nice time on your trip!